10 Fascinating things you didn’t know about your dog
Written by Maky
Maybe you thought that you know everything about your dog, but in reality , there’s a lot of things you haven’t heard yet. There are following 10 interesting facts about your dog.
1. Dogs can hear sounds from us up to 5 times farther away than us. Dogs can detect sounds between 67-45,000 Hz, while humans can detect sounds between 64-23,000. You probably asked yourself : ” Why is my dog sometimes upset or irritated? ” Well here is the answer… these sounds can cause a dog irritation and discomfort.
2. The average dog has the mental abilities of a 2-year-old child. Have you ever tried to test your dog in order to see in what level is your dog’s intelligence? Dogs can understand up to 255 words and gestures, according to research.
3.Don’t panic! 102 Fahrenheit is a typical body temperature for a dog, so don’t you worry, it’s not a fever.
4.Dogs are dreaming? Yes. Dogs are dreaming , just like humans do. You may have noticed that at many times during their sleep, they make leg twitches. Dogs can even bark , whimper or growl in their sleep.
5. Wet nose. There are several reasons why your dog has a wet nose. Main reason is that because they secrete a mucous that helps them to absorb scent. Dogs tend to lick them a lot, and mostly because it helps them to cool down.
6. Hey, look at me! Your dog loves attention , so when u look at him you will notice that he have three eyelids, lower , upper and the third one. That helps to your dog’s eyes to keep protected.
7. Can Dogs see colors? Dogs do actually see colors , but many fewer than humans do. It’s believed that dogs can only see black and white.
8.Tail – an indicator of main emotions Dogs usually chase their tails for a various reasons , just like an exercise, or even instinct but they might have leas! Pay attention if your dog is chasing his tail constantly.
9. Gimme more! Dogs are born to sniff, so pay attention on your plate when you eat. They can sense much more than a human,
10. Cute sleeping The dog who wants to sleep on your bed with you isn’t trying to take over the world , he just want to be closer to you and feel your attention. He will feel more comfortable when he is with you.
Soruce : Rottweiler Life